|Tuesday, 07.07.2020, 12:22 PM|
SIVALAYAM TEMPLES IN Mahabubnagar D
SIVALAYAM TEMPLES IN
- Bekkam - Bekkeshvara Swamy Aalayam; It lies near kohlapur; This
small village lying on the bank of river Krishna, housing the
Bekkeswaralayam has a long legend. Its origin is as fantastic as, its
name; Bekku means "cat" according to Kannada language. In addition to
this ancient seat of Siva, there is a group of five Sivaalayas going by
the names of Siddheswara, Kapileswara, Someswara, Malleswara and
Kaleswara at a distance of 15 kilometres. Later some devout bhaktas
brought two Sivalingas from Banaras and installed in the same compound,
but in separate shrines. They are called Moksheswara and Sakaheswara
- eleshvaram - eleshvara swamy, kAtyAyani, submerged in nagarjuna sagar dam.
- gOpAlapuram - agasthIshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - bhairavaswamy (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - bhImeshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - gangadhareshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - jaTeshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - kAleshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - Malleshvara Swamy Aalayam; This temple
treasure lies at Gopalapuram on the way to Pebberu from Kolhapur in the
- gOpAlapuram - rAmalinEshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - sAmbashivEshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - umA mahEshvara (near Kolhapur)
- gOpAlapuram - vIrabhadra (near Kolhapur)
- Gudlur - Uma Maheshwaram - Uma Maheswara Aalayam; This is
called the northern portal of Srisailam, and the premier Saiva kshetra
enshrining one of the twelve jyotirlingas according to the priest. It is
a hill temple, built by Kalyana Chalukyas in the seventh century
itself. It lies in the town of Uma Maheswaram of Achchampet taluk of
- Jataprolu - Agneeswarar, 6kms from somasila
- Jataprolu - Veerabadhreswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Ramalingeswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Rajajeswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Chaturvedaeswara swamy
- Jataprolu - shambulinga swamy
- Jataprolu - Visweswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Bheemaseswara swamy
- Jataprolu - kaleeswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Gangadhareswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Sambasiva swamy
- Jataprolu - Maleswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Uma maheswara swamy
- Jataprolu - Mallikarjuna swamy
- Jataprolu - Jateswara swamy
- Kaluvakolanu - Nandi Koteeshwara Aalayam, near Mahbubnagar.
- kaudur - rAmalingEshvara Swamy Aalayam. near kshlapur.
- Kudali - Sangameshvara Aalayam; The famous Aalaya is at the
confluence of Tungabhadra and Krishna rivers. It was built by Chalukyas
and it resembles the renowned Alampur Navabrahmaalayas in architectural
style. The walls are adorned with the beautiful carvings of Nataraja,
Ardhanareeswara, Andhakasura samharamurti. It lies at 15 km distance of
Alampur in the Mahabubnagar district.
- meenambaram - parusavEdhIshavara Alayam, near shadnagar; It is near Zeherla of the Mahaboobnagar and accessible by bus.
- pApanAsam - pApanAsheshvara
- umamahEshvaram - 6km from achampeta
- Rangapoor - Sri Umamaheshwara Swamy Temple.
- Raikal - Sri Ramalingeshwara Swamy Temple
Halampur (Alampur) Mandal
- Halampura (alampur) - sangameshvara (in tungbadra, krishna confluence)
- Halampura (alampur) - blalabrahmesvara, arka-brahmeshvara,
visva-brahmeshvara, padma-brahmeshvara, garuda-brahmeshvara,
kumara-brahmeshvara, vira-brahmeshvara, svarga-brahmeshvara and
taraka-brahmeshvara, jogulamba - on the bank of tungabhadra river.
- Halampur (alampur) - pApanAsEshvara; It lies just 20 km of Kurnool, the district head quarters town of the same name.
Total online: 1